You are a man with a large chest but you have doubts about whether you have gynecomastia or not. Read this article that can help you.
Surely you have heard of the gynecomastia, pero ¿you really know what it is? Although it is true thathe enlargement of the breasts in men is a normal process during puberty, gynecomastia persists beyond this stage. All bodies are different and equally valid, but sometimes some discrepancies with the current canon of beauty make us doubt ourselves.. ¿But at what point does it go from being a circumstantial concern to a medical definition??
¿What is gynecomastia?
gynecomastia, as is, Is it male breast enlargement?, and it may be due to a hormonal imbalance, at the age of, to certain medications or underlying medical conditions, like obesity.
Gynecomastia is a much more common problem among men than we think, and although it is not a dangerous condition, can be a little awkwardmoda and affect self-esteem, and even get to cause shame. It is important to clarify that it does not only affect fat men or those who do not exercise, but this condition can occur in men of all morphotypes and ages.
Although gynecomastia is generally benign, in some cases it may be associated with a breast tumor. If you are concerned about gynecomastia, the first thing you should do is see a doctor or endocrinologist. They can assess the condition for which it occurs and help determine if it is an issue «common» or other medical problem that requires other types of care.
¿Why gynecomastia is generated?
Normal male chest fat is found under the skin and around the pectoral muscles.. The mammary tissue in the male chest is made up of the mammary glands, milk ducts and connective tissue. Gynecomastia occurs when there is an imbalance between estrogen and androgen levels in the body.. Androgens are male hormones. Estrogen is the main female hormone. In men, estrogen is produced in small amounts. Estrogen binds to androgen receptors in breast tissue. This causes cells in the breast tissue to divide and multiply., thus generating the expansion of volume of that area.
¿How to detect it in me or someone close?
If you suspect that you yourself, your partner or a friend or acquaintance may have gynecomastia, Here are some tips to detect it:
- EThe first indication of gynecomastia is the increase in the size of the breasts. If you notice that your partner's or friend's breasts have increased in size recently and noticeably, they may have gynecomastia.
- Another way to detect it is through sensitivity. If the breasts are more sensitive to touch than normal, it is also a symptom of possible gynecomastia..
- Por último we found the pain in the breasts, which may be accompanied by swelling or inflammation. When these symptoms occur, it is important to see a doctor for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment..
¿can be treated? ¿What options are there?
Fortunately, existen a variety of treatments available to help alleviate symptoms and improve the appearance of the chest of men.
- The support of deportation: You can generate a serie of exercise tables to reduce fat and the volume of the male pectoral area.
- Support with special clothing: There are a variety of bras and underwear specially designed for men with gynecomastia.. These can help smooth out the appearance of the chest and reduce the sensitivity of the nipples. They can also help keep your breasts in place while you are doing physical activities..
Sin embargo, if the symptoms are severe or if they do not improve with time, it is important to consult a doctor because slightly more specific formulas may have to be used.
- Using gynecomastia medication that may include tamoxifen, clomifeno o danazol, used to treat hormonal imbalance.
- For its part, surgery for gynecomastia is a simple procedure that involves the removal of excess breast tissue, but we prefer to leave it as a last option..